Friday, September 7, 2012

Math--Number Theory

Unit 1 has focused on Number Theory.  Our four learning targets are:
1.  I can draw arrays to model multiplication
2.  I can use multiplication facts correctly in my work
3.  I can identify even and odd numbers
4.  I can find the factors of numbers
Other things that we have been learning about in this unit are prime and composite numbers, square numbers and their square roots, and divisibility rules.  The kids learned to "unsquare" numbers this week (finding the square root of a number without using the square root key on the calculator).  They loved it and were asking for more!  It's looking like our posttest for Unit 1 will be on Wednesday next week.  PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRACTICE THOSE MULTIPLICATION FACTS AT HOME!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher Contacts:

jhochstetler@mid-prairie.k12.ia.us
epennington@mid-prairie.k12.ia.us